“New Year’s Eve is like any other eve to me: I drink.” -Bukowski
On New Year’s I typically start off my night with a glass or two of champagne (or a French CBD5), and then graduate to a gin-based spirit like the Martini.
There are many interpretations of the iconic Martini but no matter how hard one tries, simplicity always wins.
I happened to have some leftover cannabis-infused olive oil (from my olive oil cake recipe) that I wanted to incorporate it into a cocktail, so I developed this olive oil fat-washed gin martini with our infused olive garnish.
I absolutely love fat-washing spirits and personally find that using gin that is washed with infused olive oil imparts a delicious savory and fruity note that complements the botanicals and adds a luscious mouthfeel to the drink, but does not contain enough THC to create any negative synergistic effects.
Cannabis-Infused Olive Oil-Washed Martini Recipe:
- Martini glass
- 2 ounces of cannabis infused olive oil washed gin (best with a savory gin, I went with No. 3 London Dry Gin)
- .35 ounces dry vermouth
- 3 drops of cannabis-infused olive brine (I enjoy mine with a bit of the brine from the olive infusion and find the saline notes help to round out the drink)
- Cannabis-infused olive (you can always substitute non-infused oil)
- Add ice to a mixing glass.
- Add the fat-washed gin and vermouth and stir until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass, add 3 drops of cannabis-infused olive brine.
- Garnish with a cannabis-infused green olive.
And there you have it. The Martini, with its tried and true ingredients and refined presence, is a perfect drink to celebrate with. It’s an iconic libation that will never go out of style. Hope you enjoy my savory, infused twist!
Celebrate responsibly and be sure to tag your NYE cocktails: #ChronVivant @ChronVivant #LEVOmade @LEVO_Oil